Are you Codependent? What is Codependency?
Both great questions and really worth answering as codependent behaviors are among the top reasons why people relapse.
Here are 15 questions to ask yourself:
- Do I have difficulties identifying what I am feeling?
- Do I believe I can take care of myself without help from others?
- Do I express negativity in indirect or passive ways?
- Do I judge what I think, say or do harshly and as never good enough?
- Am I unable to identify and ask for what I need and want?
- Am I extremely loyal, remaining in harmful situations too long?
- Do I put aside my own interests in order to do what others want?
- Am I afraid to express my opinions and feelings when they differ from others?
- Do I freely offer advice and direction without being asked?
- Do I refuse to give up my self will to avoid surrendering to a power greater than myself?
- Do I suppress my feelings or needs to avoid feeling vulnerable?
- Do I mask pain in ways such as anger, humor or isolation?
- Do I seek recognition and praise to overcome feeling less than?
- Do I believe others are incapable of taking care of themselves?
- Do I adopt an attitude of indifference, helplessness, authority or rage to manipulate outcomes?
If you answered yes to 3 or more of these there is a good chance that Codependency is part of your life and could be a stumbling block to achieving the recovery and freedom you deserve.
If you answered yes to 3 or more of these questions, then a great gift to give yourself would be to register for our upcoming Alumni Weekend, Codependency & Food Addiction 101!