The SHiFT community is a thriving network of people recovering from food addiction. Because recovery is a lifelong process, those who have attended our treatment programs frequently ask for a “refresher.” Our ongoing Alumni Weekends offer just that — 3 days of process groups in an abstinent setting to delve into deeper issues and strengthen our recovery.
Participants will stay in the same residential home as our primary treatment programs, enjoying delicious meals prepared by our personal chef. Each Alumni Weekend explores a different theme of recovery — topics include Relapse Prevention, Body Image, Codependency 101, Steps 4 Through 9, and more.
Click here for the upcoming schedule of Alumni Weekends.
Alumni Weekends for recovering food addicts are held throughout the year in Vancouver, BC, Canada and Bradenton, Florida, USA.
If you’re ready to receive more support for your food addiction, join us to experience the SHiFT: Sobriety, Hope, Freedom, and Transformation.
- 2 nights lodging at a cozy home in a residential neighborhood (extra nights can be arranged for a small fee)
- Delicious meals prepared by our personal chef
- Process groups led by world-renowned food addiction professionals
- Educational lectures on recovery issues related to food addiction
- Structured activities that support recovery (e.g. group walks)
- Individual reading and writing assignments
- Techniques to deal with difficult emotions
- On-site staff that are recovering food addicts
- Peer support and feedback from other group participants
- A detailed aftercare plan so you can continue your recovery when you leave
- Access to a large alumni network in stable long-term recovery
Alumni Weekend Begin Time:
The program begins at 6:30 PM on Day One and ends at 4:00 PM on Day Three.
Participants will stay at the program site, which is a private home in a residential neighborhood. Bedrooms will be shared by 2 or more participants.
If you are flying to Florida, you have two options for airports: Sarasota/Bradenton International (SRQ) or Tampa International (TPA).
SRQ is closer to the site (about a 20-minute ride), but it is a smaller airport and therefore has fewer flight options. You can catch an Uber from SRQ for about $20.
TPA is about a 1-hour drive from the site. This airport has several transportation options, including Uber/Lyft (about $75) or Airport Transporter.
If you are flying to Vancouver, your best option is Vancouver International (YVR). As soon as you exit the airport, you will find a line-up of taxis waiting. It’s about a 30-minute ride to the site and will cost about $40.00 CAD.
All meals will be provided during the program, beginning with a snack on the first evening and ending with lunch on the final day. For those travelling long distances, we will provide food for your return trip home.
Food is prepared according to the Acorn Food Plan, which excludes sugar, flour, caffeine and alcohol. If you have been stably abstinent on a different food plan for 30 days or more, we will accommodate your food plan to the best of our ability. Please notify us of your needs upon registration for more details.
What to bring:
- Casual, comfortable clothing and walking shoes
- Digital food scale
- Personal toiletries (unscented)
- Prescription medications
- Reusable water bottle with lid
- Rain gear (raincoat, shoes or boots)
Acorn will provide:
- Towels, linens
- Notebook and pen
In support of those with environmental sensitivities, we wish to make the meeting space as scent-free as possible. Please do not bring or use cologne, perfume, scented lotions, scented aftershave, aerosols, etc. as these products may cause reactions in some people.
Registration and Final Payment:
The cost of an Alumni Weekend is $850 USD
All participants must submit a completed registration form.
For more information, please contact Raynea at the Acorn Office: 941-378-2122 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you and sharing in your recovery journey!
|Sep 20, 2019||Sep 22, 2019||Vancouver, BC||Register|
|Nov 29, 2019||Dec 1, 2019||Vancouver, BC||Register|