Welcome to ACORN!
The “Primary Intensive” is ACORN’s signature program. It has been successfully supporting people to lift themselves up and out of the trenches of food addiction for over 25 years. We have seen hundreds of people start their journey towards freedom from food obsession in this incredible state of the art 5 Day program. Whether you are brand new to the idea of food addiction, in relapse or a stable “long timer” join us to experience the SHiFT…sobriety, hope, freedom and transformation.
- 5 nights lodging at a cozy home in a residential neighborhood (extra nights can be arranged for a small fee)
- Delicious meals prepared by our personal chef
- 3 process groups a day led by world renowned food addiction professionals. The groups will include: education on food addiction, techniques to deal with difficult emotions, participants sharing their stories, food plan information and one to one coaching
- A detailed aftercare plan so you can continue your recovery when you leave
- Access to a large group of alumni in strong long term recovery
Intensive Begin Time:
The program will begin at 6:30 p.m. Friday, March 8. Participants should be at the house between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. If you plan to arrive before 5:00 p.m., please let us know.
Intensive End Time:
The Intensive concludes with lunch on Wednesday, March 13. We request that people remain at the house until approximately 2:00 p.m.
Participants will be staying at the Intensive site (a private home). Room assignments will be available upon arrival. Bedrooms will be shared by other participants.
813 Gilmore Avenue, Burnaby, Vancouver, B.C. V5C – 4R9
If you are from out of town and will be flying to the event the best airport is Vancouver International Airport (YVR). Once there you will take a taxi to the house. It’s about a 30 minute ride and will cost about $45.00 CAD. As soon as you exit the airport there is a line-up of taxis waiting.
Dinner is NOT provided the first evening but feel free to bring your own meal or eat before you arrive. Meals will be provided beginning with a snack the first night through lunch on the last day, including any meals you may need to pack for your return trip. Food is prepared according to the ACORN Food Plan, which excludes sugar, flour, caffeine and alcohol.
Focusing on You (This Is Important):
Because the complete focus of the Intensive is on your recovery, no outside distractions are permitted. This means no telephone calls, no TV/video/audio, e-mail, computer, non-recovery books or activities. Please do not make commitments (e.g. job concerns) requiring outside attention during the Intensive.
What to Bring:
You will need:
- Casual, comfortable clothing and walking shoes
- Digital food scale
- Your personal toiletries
- Prescribed medications
- Reusable water bottle with lid
- Rain gear (rain coat/shoes or boots)
ACORN will provide:
- Towels, linens
- Writing paper
- Notebook and pen
- Big Book (Alcoholics Anonymous, travel edition)
Registration and Final Payment:
A completed registration form is required for all participants along with a $500.00 deposit (available at www.foodaddiction.com). Full payment is due 14 days prior to the event or Friday, February 22. The fee is $2175 US for first-time participants. Meals and lodging are included.
In support of those with environmental sensitivities, we wish to make the meeting space as scent-free as possible. Please do not bring or use cologne, perfume, scented lotions, scented aftershave, aerosols, etc. as these products may cause reactions in some people.
It is recommended that you plan 1 – 2 days with little or no responsibility following the Intensive to ensure abstinence upon return to normal activity.
- Amanda – Event Facilitator and Emergency Contact –604-790-1777 or email@example.com
- Raynea – ACORN Office –941-378-2122 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you and sharing recovery with you!
If this date doesn’t work for you, check out the 2019 Schedule of Events HERE